Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Update

I had my update yesterday morning and I'm a star student!! Yahoo! I'm down 9lbs (from the official scale!) and 3 inches off my waist. My internal oven is working well and is adjusting to my new foods. I am very happy with the improvements to my energy level and desire to eat well.

A wise woman once told me, "Genetics loads the gun, Lifestyle pulls the trigger." I love this quote. I come from a family of overweight adults. I am heading down that same path, unless I take action now. Most of them are diabetics too. Which path will I take? Not a hard decision, just a hard road. I'm ready and willing to take the right path and stumble along the way.

As I took my walk this morning, I witnessed our new layer of snow. It was beautiful to see all of the old, dirty snow covered. It reminded me of my journey. Sometimes, we just cover up what we don't want to see and then the snow melts leaving us back to where we were. Don't let your snow melt! Keep that layer growing, bringing new layers of fitness and nutrition. Create a new you! Until next time....

1 comment: