Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My pants are falling!

I put on my old stand by chocolate brown "slacks" today and they were so baggy, they looked ridiculous! My butt was baggy, my legs were baggy and I could pull my waist out a few inches! Holy smokes. This never happens. It's a great feeling! Here are my latest totals.... 7 weeks in....























Weight Lost (removed!) 13lbs.
Inches off:
arm- 1
chest- 2 (darn!)
waist- 3
stomach- 3.5
hip- 2
thigh- .75

total inches lost- 12.25 inches!

Of course, I am very happy about this and am finding this plan VERY easy. I am still having cravings for chocolate, but they aren't as bad as they were. I am also craving a good beer on the weekends. Sometimes, I'll allow myself 1/2 a beer or if it's been a bad Friday, a whole lite beer. I try to remind myself that this isn't a race or a game, it's the way of life from now on. I will have temptations, but I need to pick my battles. Mark and I enjoyed a fabulous plate sized chocolate cookie with a glob of vanilla ice cream for valentine's night. Yes, I felt sick afterwards. However, it was very yummy.

There has been a lapse in time since I posted last. That's because I was sick with some nasty stomach virus. All I could make myself eat was toast and soup. My body did not like all of that grain and fat! Therefore, it didn't work well. I was actually craving my new healthy eating! Can you believe that???

My tip for this week is to google low glycemic foods and try to work your diet so you are only eating the foods at the low level. They won't turn into sugar as fast. It really works. Try it and post how you do! I have a great tip for next time.... Stay tuned.

If you haven't clicked to follow me, please do. I am anxious to find out if people are really reading this or I'm just causing more havoc for my carpal tunnel. My goal is to help and encourage others. I need to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl 13 lbs that is terrific, what are you doing? What do you mean by official scale? Are you exercising, or just not eating chocolate and drinking beer? :)
    Keep it up, that good German blood in all of us makes it a constant struggle. Many times people see me as a thin person, but I have struggled all my life as well. I am on my latest down turn my self and have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks, but it is not easy. Remember "Can't means won't"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a minute to figure out who DLL was, but I figured you out! Did you read my first post? I explained it, I think. It's a program called First Line Therapy. It's basically eating 1600 calories based on low glycemic foods. I exercise at least 30 min a day (cardio) and try to work in some strenght training. My adrenal are burned out so in order to not stress them more, I can't exercise hard. This makes it so I have no metabolism anymore. Yeah, fabulous!

    Official scale- the scale at the doctor's office. I didn't have my scale when I started so it is hard to know how mine compares to theirs.

    Good for you for losing 6lbs! You have the german blood too along with the other side. I always say, "As long as you can see me without clothes, you can't say that I don't need to lose weight!" Can't does mean won't. I've learned THAT!

    Thanks for posting. Follow me too!

    ReplyDelete